Thursday, February 26, 2009

Woohoo, we're coming home!

We finished at the US Embassy today and received Lena's Visa. We are waiting to find out if we will get on the flight tomorrow that arrives at 10:56 p.m. or on Sat. at 8:40 p.m. I can't wait! We waited for an hour today for our appt. at the embassy. We were both tired and hungry, but I felt blessed. There was a lady there who had 3 young children from ages 3 - 6. They were all over the place and she had to wait as long as we did! She first came here in November! I think the Lord arranged our appt. to be at the same time so I'd feel better:)

Lena has a cough, sore throat and a lot of congestion that's become worse in the last few days. Please pray that she will feel better soon, especially for the LONG flight home! I appreciate everyone's prayers and company on this journey. It's really not coming to an end, it's just beginning. We have a new daughter ( and a teenager at that)! I think it is just now setting in. It is amazing to see where God leads you as you follow Him. I am thankful He has chosen to use us in this way. Most people say that Lena is lucky, but I see how God is using it to bless us in ways that we never would have experienced without this journey. I say we are blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your excitement and JOY in reading your e-mail. You are indeed blessed! God has a plan for all our lives...if only... we are willing to be open to following his will. His timing is perfect. God bless you and Lena as you travel HOME to new beginnings for you all.

    Thank you for allowing us to share in this amazing Faith's Journey. You have blessed me.

    Love you and your family,
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have kept up with your journey daily during both trips and continue to pray for God's hand to be revealed to you each step of the way. God is good!

    Father, be with Julie and Lena as they travel. Be a comfort as they need comfort and give them your peace. Let them know your presence and keep them safe. For Lena, I pray that you will let her feel relief from the discomfort of sickness. We ask for your healing hand to touch her and make her well. Give her strength for the trip so she can enjoy this journey into a new and exciting part of her life.
    In Jesus Name, Let it be!

    ReplyDelete