Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Coming home!

Praise God! It has all come together. The electricity was on and court preceeded as planned. We were approved after an hour and a half. They had told us it would take 10 min., but still we made the plane. We have tickets to come home tomorrow leaving here at 8:20 and arriving in Austin at 11:00 p.m. Of course, that means we will be getting up to get ready to go to the airport at 9 p.m. Austin time tonight (5a.m. here tomorrow). It will be a long trip, but one we are going to enjoy as we look SO forward to coming home. We can't wait to see Blake. It will have been 3 weeks without him!

Trent and Brianne can't wait to get Bar-B-Q and Mexican Food. Tonight we are going to TGI Fridays here in Kiev. It is still not the same as TGI Fridays at home, but it is the only thing close to American food we have found (other than McDonalds - which even has different sauces and different flavors).

Lena cried after court today because she didn't want us to leave, but she will do better once she is back with her friends. I pray that this time will go quickly for her. I will be anxious to get back and bring her home. I am scheduled to leave home again on the morning of Feb. 22nd, arriving in Donetsk the evening of the 23rd. Then we have tickets to come home together on Sat., 28th. Thanks for taking this journey with us.

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful news!!! God is so good and has answered prayers. Have a safe flight home and I pray that God has his arms around Lena during this time. I know you are anxious to see Blake. Enjoy your time home and I look forward to your trip back to bring Lena home. What a Faith's Journey you all have been on.
    Love, Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have Blake at the house when you get there unless you want him to met you at the airport. Just let me know. I talked to Beverly today and she said that you might call me when you get to Chicago so just let me know : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI it is me Katherine It just says Ashley : )

    ReplyDelete